MICHAEL J. GUNSON, DDS, MD
Dr. Michael J. Gunson graduated from UCLA Dental School and UCLA Medical School. He also received his Specialty Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from UCLA. His practice focuses solely on cosmetic surgery, facial reconstruction, treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and management of TMJ disorders.
Dr. Gunson has lectured and published research on the surgical correction of OSA, the three dimensional airway changes associated with surgical correction, the medical and surgical treatment of mandibular condylar resorption and facial diagnosis and treatment planning.
- 1997-2003 University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry, Specialty Training, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2000-2001 University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, General Surgery Internship.
- 1999-2000 University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, MD.
- 1993-1997 University of California at Los Angeles School of Dentistry, DDS.
- 1989-1993 Brigham Young University, French Literature, BA.
- 2009-Present Arnett Gunson Facial Reconstruction
- 2003-Present Center for Corrective Jaw Surgery, Dr. G. William Arnett, Santa Barbara, CA.
- 1990-1993 Brigham Young University, Missionary Training Center, Translation and Interpretation French Language.
- 1991-1992 Utah Valley Community College, Instructor, French Language.
- 1991-1992 Brigham Young University, Instructor, French Language.
- California Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Santa Barbara – Ventura County Dental Society
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Hospital Staff Affiliations
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California