G. WILLIAM ARNETT, DDS, FACD
Dr. G. William Arnett graduated with honors from the University of Southern California (USC) Dental School and the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) in oral and maxillofacial surgery. His practice focuses on facial reconstruction, including surgery and research. He is a prominent international speaker and has authored numerous papers on all aspects of Orthognathic surgery. He co-authored Facial and Dental Planning for Orthodontists and Oral Surgeons with Dr. Richard McLaughlin.
Dr. Arnett is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Loma Linda University; a Clinical Assistant Professor at USC; a Senior Lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at UCLA; a Clinical Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio; and a visiting professor at the Universidad del Desarrollo School of Dentistry in Santiago, Chile.
- 1973 (January-February) University of Texas – Externship
- 1972-1975 University of California Los Angeles Oral and Maxillofacial Residency
- 1968-1972 University of Southern California – DDS OKU (Academic Honor Society)
- 1964-1968 San Diego State University
- 2010 to Present: President, Arnett Orthognathic Surgery Forum
- 2009 to Present: Arnett Gunson Facial Reconstruction
- 1996 to Present: President, Arnett Facial Reconstruction Courses, Inc., a California corporation
- 1982 to Present: Director, The Center for Corrective Jaw Surgery
- 1975 to 1985: Practice Limited to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
California Dental Association
American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Santa Barbara – Ventura County Dental Society
International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2006-Present Visiting Professor, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Santiago, Chile
- April 2004-Present Clinical Professor, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas.
- 1998-Present Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA
- 1992-Present Orthognathic Surgery Clinical Instructor, Loma Linda University, Department of Orthodontics, Residency Program, Loma Linda, CA Residents spend a one week rotation at my practice
- 1980-Present Assistant Professor, Loma Linda University, Department of Orthodontics, Loma Linda, CA.
- 1988-Present Senior Lecturer, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Residency Program, Los Angeles, CA. Residents spend a one month rotation at my practice.
- 1982–Present Senior Lecturer, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Los Angeles, CA.
Hospital Staff Affiliations
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California
- B.F. and Helen E. Dewel Clinical Orthodontic Award
- Presented by The American Association of Orthodontists, for paper of the year: Facial Keys to Orthodontic Diagnosis and Treatment Planning, Parts I and II.